Works with Moto 360 now! Fixed as of 9/13/2014, thanks to user who reported problem.
Requires an Android Wear device and an internet connected phone.
Important: Your phone and wear device must be set to English since the app translates from English to other languages.
A voice to voice translator, this app can translate sentences from English to any of the following languages:
Please note that your phone's text to speech engine must also support the language you wish to translate to, open the companion app in your phone to see which languages your phone supports.
Note: The Google wear watches do not have speakers so the app uses your phone's.
Your phone's screen does NOT have to be on, and the app does NOT have to be opened in your phone, the app is also not running in the background so it won't consume your phone's battery.
How To Use:
- Watch the video for how to use.
- To add symbols, for example to add a question mark say "question mark" whenever/wherever you want the "?" to appear.
- If you wish to continue using the same language you do not have to say "to " at the end once you have said it.
- You may also start the translation service by clicking the "New Translation" button, at the "Speak Now" prompt say the words you want to translate followed by "to "
- If you can't hear anything check that your phone's Media volume, not just Ring volume, is up. (See last screenshot photo)
- A "Can't reach Google at the moment" message means that Google's servers are not working not that the app is not working, the app uses Google voice-to-text service. As a Wear user myself I find that these happens quite often and is disappointing but there is nothing I can do to fix it on my end so please do not leave a bad rating, thanks.
Updates: We will continue to issue updates as the user base grows, we have many features coming up this including voice pitch, text to speech engine selection, male and female voice,and support for many more languages both as input and output.